A Little About Grand River
Located in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada, Grand River boasts a 630-bed disciplinary environment for patients with all sorts of ailments to be treated and taken care of. One of GRH’s more prominent sites is its Regional Cancer Centre, which opened in 2003. Learn more about GRH here.
Description of Service – May to August 2014
• Provided care and comfort to hospital patients who may have been entering a stressful time in their lives.
• Engaged and provided supportive and positive social interaction to the patients with enthusiasm.
• Supported the nursing staff, medical doctors, administrative clerks, paramedics, security, and police officers by performing various tasks so that they would be able to spend more time with the patient rather than performing urine sample kit preparations and answering patient questions, just to name a few.
• Portered patients throughout the hospital for medical imaging, MRIs, CT scans, surgery, and childbirth.
• Promote hospital events to both patients and the local community.
Service Log – 42 Hours
Emergency Department (May-August 2014)
Supervisor: Suzan Entz | email@example.com | Emergency Department
• 2014 Shift 1: Tuesday, 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm (May to August)
• 2014 Shift 2: Wednesday, 6:30 am to 9:00 am (May and June)